Wednesday, April 22, 2020

English Dubbing and Reader's Theater


Using English pronunciation, intonation, and vocal expression to bring the story alive

Thanks to Yvonne's invitation, I did have a good time with the English majors at National Yuanlin Home-Economics and Commercial Vocational High School.

I shared some techniques to speak English more dramatically and emotionally. The students were quick learners and able to grasp the ideas of connected speech, thought groups, and rising and falling intonation patterns. 

The school is going to have an English dubbing contest. To stand out in the competition, I believe those skills would definitely come in handy. Yvonne and I quickly demonstrated dubbing for a Taiwanese puppet show. 

Those students' positive feedback was so heartwarming and fun to read. They loved this class a lot, especially the interaction with me and the skills I shared for dubbing.   

You can't carry your English proficiency certificate with you all the time. However, as soon as you speak, people will be impressed by your English pronunciation. It's totally worth it for the hard work to make it better. 



No comments:

Post a Comment